Over 30 years of world-wide collaboration with IBM.
- 1976 - Worked with IBM France to introduce the 3850 (MSS) in a large
- 1983-1984 - Took an important part in the procedure which lead to
the IBM licensing of Cortex-MS
and its distribution under the name MVS-MS.
Made several presentations to IBM managers from Poughkeepsie and
White Plains during their visits to France.
- 1985-1986 - Created the MVS-MS
support center in New York; supported two IBM field-test sites; helped
the IBM editors and writers who produced the MVS-MS
documentation in Poughkeepsie, New York. Trained over 30 IBM CEs and SEs
in Dallas, Texas. Accompanied IBM marketing staff on sales trips to
several U.S. customers.
- 1990 - Sub-contracted to IBM as the technical leader for the
conversion from VSE to MVS of the County of Kern in California, USA. The
project finished ahead of schedule and below budget, and was the subject
of an IBM Success Story in an IBM publication.
- 1991-1997 - Sub-contracted to IBM as the architect and lead
developer for a huge multi-site, multi-project VSE/MVS conversion in New
Jersey, USA. For our outstanding contribution to these projects, we
received an IBM Quality Award from the New Jersey Trading Area
(NJTA) in 1993
- 1996-1997 - Sub-contracted to IBM as technical leader in a large
VSE/MVS conversion in Vermont, USA. A profile of this project was
written by the IBM CE and later published in chapter 34 of
to OS/390 Migration Workbook
- 1997-1998 - Top contributor to the VSE
to OS/390 Migration Workbook, making important contributions to
overall design of the workbook, as well as the JCL and Assembler
- 1997-2000 - Took part in several sessions on the subject of VSE/MVS
conversions during IBM VM/VSE Conferences in the U.S.
- 1997-2001 - Collaborated with ISPF developers in Raleigh, North
Carolina on the product's directions and enhancements.
- 1992-2001 - Was an owner and the Technical Manager of Automated
Migration Services (AMS), a company that was an
IBM Business Partner until it ceased its activities in
- 1991-2002 - Sub-contracted to IBM as technical leader for numerous
VSE/MVS conversions for various U.S. customers, among them Avon
Products, State of North Carolina, Safelite, Southern Farm Bureau, and
- 2002-2006 - Collaborated with IBM developers in Perth on
enhancements to various IBM products, such as HLASM, ISPF and SUPERC.
- 2005-2006 - Sub-contracted to IBM China as the technical leader for
a large VSE/MVS conversion in Hong Kong.
- 2001-2007 - GSF Software is a member of IBM's PartnerWorld
for Developers program.
- 2008-2012 - GSF Software continues being the leader in z/VSE to
z/OS conversions and the company of choice of IBM for these projects
Note: IBM Contact information available upon request.